With so many choices out there, picking out the right repair shop can be confusing. Sigo will help you pick the right one based on your policy coverage and needs!
First, know your policy:
- Check out our FAQ page if you’re unsure what each coverage actually means.
- Check your limits
- Know the specifics! This can impact which repair shop you pick
Understand your options
- Different damages call for different types of repair shops, it’s important to know whether you will need mechanical repairs, cosmetic work or both!
- Consider the benefits of an independent shop vs a dealership.
- A dealership offers trained staff with up-to-date tools and equipment, but often is more expensive.
- An independent garage/shop: generally operated by independent businessman. Mechanics are usually ASE-certified, might be cheaper, and may be better for fixes that do not require high expertise and specialized equipment.
Search for the right repair shop
- Ask your friends and family!
- Read reviews online
- Use Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) to find a certified technician
- Don’t focus exclusively on price, make sure to look at time to repair, mistakes, location, warranties, and proximity.
- Communicate directly with your assigned repair shop advisor
- Request a car inspection
- Assess the current conditions of your vehicle
- Carefully check the repair
If you need help finding the right shop, Sigo is here for you. You can email us at email@example.com or give us a call at (877)476-7446.